History of Carreras Bowls Club
Carreras Bowls Club was formed in 1935 as a section of the Carreras Social and Athletics Club (CSAC) which was situated with its own sports ground at Stanmore in Middlesex.
The first bowling green was accordingly at the Stanmore club ground, where the Bowls Club continued up to the outbreak of the War and picked up again after the War.
Welcome to Carreras Bowls Club
With the disposal by the Company of the Nevendon sports ground in 1984, the Bowls Club was homeless for a year, playing all away fixtures, before moving to its present home, the Basildon Council green at Whitmore Park, in 1986.
Launch of new Club Shirt June 2022
In the last 50 years the Club has had just three Presidents, the latest being Mrs Joyce Robertson who has been a member since 1972 and, at the 2021 Annual General Meeting, was voted the Club's first Life Member.
Following the 2023 Annual General Meeting John Turley became Club Chairman. Ray Wells retired as Secretary after 11 years, his place being taken by Kevin Knowles.